Saturday 5 May 2012

Walter Defends Sarajevo

Movie Poster- Walter Defends Sarajevo
I haven't told you where I am from :D Well I am from  Bosnia and today I want to recommend one old movie that was made during the Yugoslavia. It is a classical movie about bad guys Nazi Germans and good guys Tito's partisans. It is a true story about a man who tried to stop Nazi soldiers in World War II called Walter. With the help of citizens of Sarajevo Walter is trying to sabotage Nazis resupply line that is needed for resupplying Germans tank division which retreats from Greece and it is on its way to help Hitler in war against alias in the wast. One of the best Hitler's commanders comes to Sarajevo and plots in hope to capture Walter but does he succeed? If you want to watch the movie you can watch it on you tube with English subtitles here. It is a empowering story about men and women who decided not to stay blind on injustices.
Vladimir Peric - Walter Peoples hero WW2



Valter Monument, Sarajevo, 2009 -- Photograph by Michael Bueker via Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I have watched this movie for about 20 times since I was a teenager Yes, you guessed it. I am a Chinese. It brings tears to my eyes every time to watch this great movie. Good luck to you people, and Sarajevo, a city of proud people.

    ReplyDelete